GOOGLE EARTH-PRETORIA LEARNERS
You will notice that the first assignment is GOOGLE EARTH.
- Please download and Install Google Earth (Free Version) from http://earth.google.com/
- Learn how to navigate Google Earth - make sure you use both 2-D and 3-D views
- Use this link http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php?Number=175202 and then click on the "Open this Placemark (15877 downloads)" under cyclonic - this will load several Crop Circle sites in the UK for you to examine, and they are complete with added photographs.
- Now identify 10 spots in the world and make each a Placemark
- For each of these 10 Placemarks, use File and Save As... to make a *.Kmz file
- Each of the 10 *.Kmz files you make must include your Initial and Surname and placename e.g. r_knight_cropcircle_1.kmz
- Each of the 10 spots (Placemarks) must be linked in some sort of theme. Please include the *.kzm file name so that I can make the link.
- At each Placemark capture at least FOUR images (some using the 3-D tool) use File and Save Image for each.
Your reports should have an Introduction and Reason/Objective for selection. Each of the Placemarks should have a description and any useful information (please reference in the usual way) and any additional images can be added. Under each Placemark you must have your four photographs complete with caption and a short description. These must be email to me mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17
Phone 27 + 21 + 959 3940
Fax 27 + 21 + 959 1237